Tuesday 9 January 2018

Cast Away

I remember you,

It’s a question that you never asked, but I chose to answer anyway,
A shred of my past, insignificant and irrelevant, however,
Often sprouting within my conversations with the presently relevant,
You were lost, Are, But,
Amidst the maze of this eventful journey called life, you still stand out,
conspicuous and unhindered,
Mounted somewhere on the branches of an indomitable thought river,
There, You look down upon me condescendingly,

I remember you,

Could be life’s telling, to keep account, for future reference,
To cast strangers in the frame of my past, that comprises you and the likes,
To know where to dive deep, or merely explore and come back home,
To know who will simply brush against, or walk alongside till the end,
To make sure, that I do not become a repeat offender of my own sanctity,

Yes, you are forgotten, friend!
But then I remember you!

No comments:

Post a Comment