Sunday 29 July 2012

"The Feather under the hat" #3

29 July 2012


I remember telling someone a long time ago, that instead of analysing whys and the whats, I just try to look at the problem "from the moon". (What? I just visualised my Geography book in the second grade, where there's a picture of the planet Earth from a distance. I feel like a Neil Armstrong!)


When the problem is 'well-distanced' in the mind, not only it appears too small to be identified, the larger view allows to look at the little bigger pleasures, the huge awaiting responsibilities, and personally, I also take that chance to peep in around and compare it with all my friends and family  (the little jealous freak that you are!) , enemies (I'm sure you have some lovers there!), people I know, people from the past, on the streets, at the crossing (yeah right, who else did you miss? Stray animals may be!). 


The exercise eventually makes me feel better about the present situation (height of sadism!) and I move on. This is exactly what my feather has to say today.


"Moving forward has always been easier for me,
   
         ... Its the looking back that hurts"


(Didn't we already know you were coming down to this, all the way? How predictable and stereotyped!)


"I heard you" :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahaan... 'Watching from a distance': Yes, it does help.

    And 'looking back' hurts only when you allow yourself to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its helped me. Btw today s SMJ was really moving. I saw your status update. And I completely agree.

    ReplyDelete