Friday 21 September 2012

"Faith"

Stumbled upon a poem that I wrote in the Twelfth grade. The rebellious me finally negated the faith which was so dotingly inculcated in my upbringing by the elders. I don't remember being radically different from the other adolescents of my age, I rather mingled well with the worldly practices in the beginning, but things change as we grow up, and so do the philosophies of living.

All good though!
......

I have never believed in you,
Never had faith

Yet, sometimes when my eyes are closed,
in an effort to feel your presence,
every fear, every doubt flies,
I break free all my ties
......

They all call you 'the almighty',
You calm us all, you remove the anxiety,

And then, sometimes when my hands are raised,
and I look up in the sky,
All my questions seem to die
.......

They say, you made those stars,
the seconds, the minutes, the hours,

And then, sometimes when I look back in time,
to count the many times when I conquered the failure,
I smile
.......

They say you live in those heavens
You gave us our lives in the number of breaths,
and the ones that leave abode, meet you after death,

I have never believed in you,
Never had faith

Yet, when I clasped my hands in the grief of my loss,
and kept them stuck to my heart,
I felt, you were the constant part,
You were with me in it, you were never apart.

1 comment:

  1. 1. You really penned it in your Twelfth grade!
    2. You really stopped believing and still was in awe with HIM.
    3. You really thought in so different extremes so early!

    Commendable.

    ReplyDelete