Monday 5 December 2011

Letter to Dad

"Dad..

 The unkind me, to least acknowledge,
 the ever smiling you, to always provide.
 The weeping, my cribbing, the unappreciativeness,
 the solid you, to remain unperturbed, and still be the best.

 In my times of lows, like everyone else's,
 Your sole attention, with your arms open wide.
 In the happier times, your words of caution,
 preparing me for the worst, and be at my side.

 The seamless blend of love and guidance that you brought me up with,
 Would be greater than all love, and higher than all divinity.
 To payback with my whole life, wouldn't still be worth even a penny,
 What I could do to touch your feet, while I still had you,
 It is true that mother gave me my life to live,
 But the very reason to live, the meaning of which, came from you.

Waiting to reunite with you"

Suruchi

4 comments:

  1. He is always with us,our dear ones are forever with us[in body and in the soul]so just need to close your eyes and see him smiling.
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many thoughts, all put together. So many still inside... You can't have a better start to a blog you named 'Poignant Silhouettes'. Just the feeling of 'him' being with you all the days you lived and the moments you will spend thinking of him would make him happy, proud... He is there, everywhere.

    ReplyDelete