Wednesday 1 August 2012

"The Feather under the hat" #7


2 Aug 2012

When I was younger, getting a year older on my every birthday used to bring a feeling of pride. The evening party with friends was always a grand affair. There was excessive splurging and a sense of competition among the peers for whose party was cooler.

As I'm growing older, the excitement has started diminishing, and the birthdays haven't remained as charming anymore. Not that I fear wrinkles, or the old age health problems that come with the growing age. But the realisation that there will be less of the beautiful mornings, bright evenings and peaceful nights, less of the moments spent with the loved ones, that will be left in my share from thereon.

The cribbing and the remorsing bit was a waste of time. The comparisons and the sense of competition weren't really important to base my life on. Regretting anything that made me smile, or made others feel happy because of me, was completely unnecessary too.

"Though we've divided it into years, days, hours, minutes and seconds.

     ....Life is still one as a whole, and too short to be wasted being unhappy."

No comments:

Post a Comment