Friday 14 December 2012

"The Blessing" and the "Good advice" - By "Maa - si"

To  Suruchi

Aishwaryam—my abode for the past eleven days.

Never have I been so involved with a single event in my life,

Except my own wedding…

Suruchi, you are the daughter I never had…

Beautiful, caring, sweet and rebellious,

Independent, bold and your own person in so many ways…

Defying your mother just like I have done all my life…

May you find happiness in myriad ways and grow into a lovely wife,

And a caring daughter-in-law.

This is the blessing the whole world will give you…

But I would say it differently…

I would tell you to…

Take a stand for things that matter to you,

To be independent in your views and not just an echo of your other half,

To be ambitious and to follow your heart…always,

To not be judgemental and look at people in all shades of grey,

To be indifferent to selfish people, false pretentions and hypocrisy…

To be self-reliant today and always,

And finally to find happiness in ways that matter to you.

Bless you both, with all my heart.

- Gauri Misra

No comments:

Post a Comment