Thursday 25 October 2012

"The Ungrateful"


Out of nowhere, when I appeared, I didn’t know home,
I vaguely remember waking up, and looking for your hand and smell,
The home wasn’t where I was, it wasn’t like how it is now,
It was the feeling of you being near, that was home

From not picking nose in public, to washing hands after the crap,
The good manners, the ‘hellos’ and the ‘Good days’, would anyone know at 2 otherwise?
Now that I have children who are taller than I, I know how arduous it is to teach with patience & love,
That they unlearn in School & don’t read up in the Civic Sciences,

I wish to not speak of the thousand illnesses, that you warded me off as a child,
By just being close, bringing me food and tender care,
It makes me feel small and dirty, because of all my insensitivities which I do not hesitate to show to you,
Even while I knew, THAT, you would ask out only once,
Out of the thousand other times that you really needed something,

Mother, I am late but still young to become conscious to the fact,
That the time is less than the burden of my thoughtlessness,
You don’t need a mother, I know, but you need your daughter, 
Let me be the one again, I’m not busy anymore,

The ‘Busy tone’ will be for the rest of the world, when my mother needs me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment